Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dvd+rw-mediainfo DVD problem solved

2008-08-28 12:39:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dvd+rw-mediainfo DVD problem solved
From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:38:59 -0700

JD> Thanks for replying back with your solution. I had a suspicion that
JD> your problem could be a permissions problem but I do not use DVD
JD> writing with bacula very much and there is not that much discussion
JD> about DVDs on this list.

FYI, as I've mentioned before, I use DVD backups on a nightly basis.  It
works wonderfully and without problems.  I've done restores from it as
well.

The only thing I changed is to modify the dvd backup script to copy
aside the created archive file.  When the disk finally gets full, I run
a script to check that all the archive parts for that disk were
successfully written to the disk before putting in a new one (and then
delete the copies).  Originally I had a problem with it not always
writing each part to the disk, but I also added -dvd-compat to the
growfs commands and now it pretty much always succeeds in copying the
parts onto the disk.  I had one the other day that failed to copy the
part, but I suspected the disk was bad and threw it away.