Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] A different backup every day...

2008-08-28 09:58:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] A different backup every day...
From: Matthew Macdonald-Wallace <lists AT truthisfreedom.org DOT uk>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:58:46 +0100
Hi all,

We've got a system at the moment that requires a backup of a different
directory every day (!).

Basically, the software generates data into a given directory based on
the week, then the day of the week.  We need to do a full backup of the
daily directory onto a separate tape that will contain only the data
from that day and label it accordingly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I thought about creating a script that is run before the backup that
simply moves a link to point to the correct directory based on the day,
but I have no idea if this would work or not!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace