Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-client for Solaris 9 someone with successful history's?

2008-08-26 18:00:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-client for Solaris 9 someone with successful history's?
From: "pedro moreno" <syxtemx AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:00:27 -0700
   Hi people.

   I have one friend with a old server running solaris 9 on a Sun
Blade 150 CPU Spark (Sun OS 5.9 gen_112233-08 Sun 4U
SunW,Sun-blade-100) is the info he give running uname -a, now this
server have been more than 2 years that no body update this server or
take backups from this server.

   He told me that every time he want to run the backup, the process
always send errors about some files name to long, them I think the
problems is the OS updates, but I'm no expert of Solaris, I want to
help him with bacula, my only doubt is:

  Does someone here in the list have running bacula-client inside a
box like the one I mention before without any big issue?

   I want to build a bacula server with Linux or FreeBSD and just run
the client inside the Solaris server.

   Last thing, If I can run the bacula-client with Solaris 9, where I
can get that file? Before I install the client, do I need to have
search for some lib or files inside Solaris?

   This is a new ARCH for me.

   Thanks all for you time, greetings!!!