Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Sending notification to insert tape _before_ it is needed?

2008-08-26 09:30:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Sending notification to insert tape _before_ it is needed?
From: Brice Figureau <brice+bacula AT daysofwonder DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:30:09 +0200
Hi,

I have a setup where each week an operator must change the tapes of an
autochanger with a bunch of new tapes. The old one are stored offsite,
and used again the week after. To do this, I defined 2 pools, one for
even weeks, the other for odd weeks.

Now, I'd like bacula to send an e-mail on the days of the swap (ie
monday for us), that says something along the lines of "Please load the
PoolOdd tapes in the autochanger" (and respectively "Please load the
PoolEven tapes").

Is it possible?

I know I can produce a cronjob to do that, outside of bacula, but doing
it inside Bacula would allow to check if the tapes are already loaded
(at least the one needed for nextvol) and then don't alert.

Thanks for the answers,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+bacula AT daysofwonder DOT com>