Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula purging wrong volume

2008-08-25 11:21:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula purging wrong volume
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:12:38 +0200
John Drescher schrieb:

The nice thing is that, even if Bacula requests a particular tape, it
accepts any useable tape,

Normally this only works for appendable tapes but setting  Recycle
Current Volume = yes allows that to work tapes that can be recycled.

Good point. "Recycle Current Volume" wasn't set in my pool
definitions. I have added it now. Surely that'll fix the issue.

Looking at the docs I see the information:
http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html#SECTION002530000000000000000

Yes, it's all there. I wonder how I could have overlooked it.
Thanks for the pointer.

T.

--
Tilman Schmidt