Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie: bconsole doesn't connect to director

2008-08-23 15:00:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie: bconsole doesn't connect to director
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:59:48 +0200
One more ... The Debian package seems to have an autism approach and doesn't
feet the need for a network backup tool.

If someone at the head of Bacula team could touch a word to this people we
should see a drastic fall down of this type of message.

A it would offer a better first feel about bacula when installed on Debian
derivative.

Just my 2 cts.

Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Listening to 127.0.0.1 means ONLY connections from the local machine
> will work. You'll need to listen on the proper IP, or have the console
> connect to 127.0.0.1 as well. Your situation has you connecting to an
> IP, sounds like, but only listening on loopback.
>
> Paul Schewietzek wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>

>> I'm new to Bacula (and to this list) and trying to get the daemons to
>> work together. I've installed a full suite on a naked Debian Etch
>> machine via apt with a mysql behind. The tables have been set up
>> properly during install. So far so good.
>
>> For some reason bconsole seems to be unable to connect to the director.
>
>> <snip>
>> baculadirector:/usr/share/doc/bacula-doc# bconsole
>> Connecting to Director baculadirector:9101
>> 22-Aug 18:20 bconsole:  Fatal error: bnet.c:859 Unable to connect to
>> Director daemon on baculadirector:9101. ERR=Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt
>> </snip>
>
>> 'Verbindungsaufbau abgeleht' translates to 'Connection refused'.
>
>> <snip>
>> baculadirector:/usr/share/doc/bacula-doc# netstat -aplnut
>> Aktive Internetverbindungen (Server und stehende Verbindungen)
>> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
>> State       PID/Program name
>> [...]
>> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:9101          0.0.0.0:*
>> LISTEN     5177/bacula-dir
>> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:9102          0.0.0.0:*
>> LISTEN     5188/bacula-fd
>> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:9103          0.0.0.0:*
>> LISTEN     5198/bacula-sd
>> [...]
>> </snip>
>
>> The output of netstat seems to be correct (?) to me.
>
>> I don't know how to get around this. I tried to change the hostname in
>> the Bacula conf files to our internal domain
>> (baculadirector.mydomain.local), didn't help either.
>
>> Can you point me in the right direction how to solve the problem? Any
>> hint will be appreciated.
>

>> Regards, Paul

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch