Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow restore performance

2008-08-21 08:08:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow restore performance
From: Stephen Carr <sgcarr AT civeng.adelaide.edu DOT au>
To: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:38:15 +0930
Dear Christoph

Yes the interleaving of the concurrent jobs slows down the performance.

I use job migration for my full backups from disc to tape and the
migration actually removes the interleaving and if the disc volume is 40
GB and there is a small 1 GB full backup in the volume it takes about 40
minutes - a 20 GB in the same volume also takes about 40 minutes. The
tape unit max transfer rate is about 50 to 60 GB / hour almost matching
the discs.

The great benefit is restores are quick - I leave incremental backups on
disc. The discs are 1TB firewire 400.

Regards
Stephen Carr

--
Stephen Carr
Computing Officer

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and
contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure
or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made
that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus
scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.