Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula error

2008-08-20 06:29:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula error
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: MZiani AT tripoli.oilfield.slb DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 06:29:28 -0400
Mohamed Zayani wrote:
> Any update related to below message,
>
> Thanks
> M.Zayani

Basically, this means that your current mysql installation isn't working at
all.  Bacula depends on a database (mysql in your case) to track what's backed
up, so you'll have to fix mysql first.

Two easy things to check, are whether the mysql server process is running at
all, and if so, if the mysql.sock file is actually stored in /tmp (the more
common place for it is in /var/lib/mysql)

Beyond that, you'd probably have better luck contacting people in one of the
mysql forums for help.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken