Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help - file is not overwrited

2008-08-15 16:00:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help - file is not overwrited
From: s_mendes <s_mendes AT bol.com DOT br>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:59:57 -0300
People,
I just want that Bacula "erase" the file where the bkp is stored and then start writing on that when the job starts (my idea is using one storage (file) to every day, overwriting week after week).
What is happenning  now is that Bacula is moving the data to the end of file, increasing the size (because it is keeping the old jobs).

 Sorry for my english :)
Tks!

> Em 12:33, *Ryan Novosielski * escreveu:
>

> s_mendes wrote:
>

>> Hello people,
>
>> I'm running bacula v. 2.4.1 for windows, and storing the backups in
>> files (instead of tapes).
>> Everything looks like fine, excepting the option that I use to always
>> overwrite the files where are the bkps.
>
>> This is my config:
>> Pool {
>> Name = Pool_diary
>> Pool Type = Backup
>> Recycle = yes # Bacula can automati cally recycle
>> Volumes
>> AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
>> Volume Reten tion = 0 day
>> Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>> Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>> }
>
>> Then, after the backup I receive the email:
>> Volume "wsantos-diario" previously written, moving to end of data.
>
>> Why it's not overwriting??
>
>> The state of the file is used.
>
> You don't show that, and to my knowledge it's not possible. You might
> want to provide more output.

- --