Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help - file is not overwrited

2008-08-15 16:46:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help - file is not overwrited
From: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:45:41 -0400

We need to see more information about what actually happens is what
we're saying. You say that it keeps increasing the size of the file.
- From the config options you are showing, I believe that is impossible.
Therefore, something else is going on.

You might want to to a llist volumes and show us the volume you're
talking about. I believe the settings are not set how you think they
are. Keep in mind that many of these settings are written to the volume
only when they are created, and you have to use 'update' to set them
later on.

s_mendes wrote:
>     People,
>
>     I just want that Bacula "erase" the file where the bkp is stored and
>     then start writing on that when the job starts (my idea is using one
>     storage (file) to every day, overwriting week after week).
>
>     What is happenning  now is that Bacula is moving the data to the end
>     of file, increasing the size (because it is keeping the old jobs).
>

>      Sorry for my english :)
>
>     Tks!
>

>     >
>     > Em 12:33, *Ryan Novosielski * escreveu:
>     >
>     >
>     > s_mendes wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >> Hello people,
>     >
>     >> I'm running bacula v. 2.4.1 for windows, and storing the backups in
>     >> files (instead of tapes).
>     >> Everything looks like fine, excepting the option that I use to always
>     >> overwrite the files where are the bkps.
>     >
>     >> This is my config:
>     >> Pool {
>     >> Name = Pool_diary
>     >> Pool Type = Backup
>     >> Recycle = yes # Bacula can automati cally recycle
>     >> Volumes
>     >> AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
>     >> Volume Reten tion = 0 day
>     >> Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>     >> Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>     >> }
>     >
>     >> Then, after the backup I receive the email:
>     >> Volume "wsantos-diario" previously written, moving to end of data.
>     >
>     >> Why it's not overwriting??
>     >
>     >> The state of the file is used.
>     >
>     > You don't show that, and to my knowledge it's not possible. You might
>     > want to provide more output.
>     >

>     - --
>     |Y#| | | |\/| | \ |\ | | |Ryan Novosielski - Systems Programmer II
>     |$&| |__| | | |__/ | \| _| |novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu - 973/972.0922
> (2-0922)
>     \__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/AST - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630

- --