Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director segfaults then refuses connections

2008-08-15 15:08:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director segfaults then refuses connections
From: Jason Dixon <jdixon AT omniti DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:08:14 -0400
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:14:12PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> Jason Dixon wrote:
>> I was updating the Director configuration and reloaded while a job was
>> running.  Unfortunately, there was a minor typo and it caused the
>> Director to bail.
>>
>> After fixing the typo and restarting bacula-dir, it complained of a
>> volume size mismatch:
>>

>> 15-Aug 12:02 vlad-sd JobId 925: Error: Bacula cannot write on disk
>> Volume "Vol0013" because: The sizes do not match! Volume=11206992819
>> Catalog=10207056909
>> 15-Aug 12:02 vlad-sd JobId 925: Marking Volume "Vol0013" in Error in
>> Catalog.
>
> Run Update Volume.  Adjust the Catalog setting to match the actual
> number of files on the disk.  In almost all cases I've seen, the Volume
> count is correct.  The Catalog count is wrong.

Thanks, Dan.  I've already resolved this offlist with your assistance,
but I'll recap it here for the archives.

As you mentioned, the VolBytes was wrong.  I manually corrected this
value and the VolStatus field in the catalog.  Once this was done, I
restarted all services (bacula-dir, bacula-fd, bacula-sd) and everything
appears to be running correctly now.

sqlite> update Media set VolBytes=11206992819 where MediaId=13;
sqlite> update Media set VolStatus='Append' where MediaId=13;

P.S.  Thanks to John for mentioning the -t flag.  I forgot all about
that, but I'll certainly start using that before any further changes.
:)

--
Jason Dixon
OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc.