Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] remote fd won't talk

2008-08-05 07:31:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] remote fd won't talk
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:30:57 +0200
Steve Garcia wrote:
> This may be a stupid newbie error, but I'm having some trouble getting
> communication going between bacula-dir on my backup server A and a
> remote bacula-fd on server B.
>
> Both are running on identical versions of Debian Etch, running bacula
> 1.38.11.  I have set the bacula-fd.conf files to be virtually identical,
> differing only in names and addresses.  The local fd on A connects to
> the dir daemon on A with no trouble, but the remote fd on B continues to
> refuse the connection (citing password mismatch.)
>
> What's odd is that my tray-monitor on my workstation (Gentoo Linux, with
> bacula 2.4.2) connects to all the components on server A with no
> trouble, yet it also will not connect to the fd on B.
>
> ************************
> Here are the password stanzas from bacula-fd.conf on A:
> #
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
> #
> Director {
>    Name = sleipnir-dir
>    Password = "passwordABC"
> }
>
> #
> # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
> #   status of the file daemon
> #
> Director {
>    Name = sleipnir-mon
>    Password = "passwordXYZ"
>    Monitor = yes
> }
>
> ***********************
> Here are the same sections from server B:
> #
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
> #
> Director {
>    Name = sleipnir-dir
>    Password = "passwordABC"
> }
>
> #
> # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
> #   status of the file daemon
> #
> Director {
>    Name = tux-mon
>    Password = "passwordXYZ"
>    Monitor = yes
> }
> ************************
>
> I've modified the passwords to be able to post them, but the live
> configs have matching passwords.
>
> What am I missing?  Is it somehow related to the names?

Your config about password seems to be correct ( give a particular attention to
" " the password)
Next step is looking about network connexion between A and B.
B dir,fd,sd have to use real ip no localhost or 127.0.0.1.
If firewall open the port for bacula 9101 9102 9103 or what port you use on A
and B.

can you ping / telnet the host B from A ?

you could increase the debuglevel message (see manual) to have more
informations.

--

      Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch