Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] remote fd won't talk

2008-08-04 19:19:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] remote fd won't talk
From: Steve Garcia <sgarcia AT bak.rr DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:19:44 -0700
This may be a stupid newbie error, but I'm having some trouble getting
communication going between bacula-dir on my backup server A and a
remote bacula-fd on server B.

Both are running on identical versions of Debian Etch, running bacula
1.38.11.  I have set the bacula-fd.conf files to be virtually identical,
differing only in names and addresses.  The local fd on A connects to
the dir daemon on A with no trouble, but the remote fd on B continues to
refuse the connection (citing password mismatch.)

What's odd is that my tray-monitor on my workstation (Gentoo Linux, with
bacula 2.4.2) connects to all the components on server A with no
trouble, yet it also will not connect to the fd on B.

************************
Here are the password stanzas from bacula-fd.conf on A:
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
   Name = sleipnir-dir
   Password = "passwordABC"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
   Name = sleipnir-mon
   Password = "passwordXYZ"
   Monitor = yes
}

***********************
Here are the same sections from server B:
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
   Name = sleipnir-dir
   Password = "passwordABC"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
   Name = tux-mon
   Password = "passwordXYZ"
   Monitor = yes
}

I've modified the passwords to be able to post them, but the live
configs have matching passwords.

What am I missing?  Is it somehow related to the names?

--
Steve Garcia
sgarcia AT bak.rr DOT com