Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mount command as a admin job?

2008-08-05 06:09:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mount command as a admin job?
From: Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: Kevin Thorpe <kevin AT pricetrak DOT com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:08:40 +0100
Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> Keith Sudbury wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Nothing seems to spit the tape out of this LTO-3 scsi drive apart
>> from "umount LTO-3" | bconsole  and then mt eject
>>
>> I can add those as run after jobs.
>>
>> How do I go about auto mounting the tape before the job has run? I
>> could run an admin job with a lower priority  which just runs the
>> mount  command, this should work right??
>>
>> If not ill just add it to cron, but I would rather keep it within
>> bacula if possible.
>>

> Don't use unmount. That blocks the tape drive so bacula cannot remount
> the new tape.
>
> Use release as an admin or run after job and add 'Offline On Unmount =
> yes' to your storage config.
> The tape will then be ejected after the job and bacula can remount
> when the next job starts. Then you
> (or a trained monkey) can just swap the tapes over.
I have tried the above it does not work...

 From bacula-sd.conf:

Device {
  Name = LTO-3
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = Yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = Yes;
  RemovableMedia = Yes;
  RandomAccess = No;
  Label media = Yes;
  Offline On Unmount = Yes;
}

And on my Catalog job I have:

RunAfterJob   = "echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole"

None of the above seems to work, apparently the tape is not ejected if I
do status on the tape drive I can see that last nights tape is still in
the drive.

Thanks
Keith

--