Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] [Fwd: Re: Fedora 9 rpm issue (Re: bacula-2.4.2 rpm release to sourceforge)]

2008-08-04 19:06:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] [Fwd: Re: Fedora 9 rpm issue (Re: bacula-2.4.2 rpm release to sourceforge)]
From: Scott Barninger <scott AT barninger DOT com>
To: Bacula-Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:05:51 -0400
Sorry, forgot to copy this list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Scott Barninger <scott AT barninger DOT com>
To: Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
Cc: Bacula-Devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Subject: Re: Fedora 9 rpm issue (Re: bacula-2.4.2 rpm release to
sourceforge)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 15:18:02 -0400

Hello Timo,

Wow, interesting little twist on the part of Red Hat's engineers.
libtermcap was available up through Fedora 8. You are correct to state
that it is not available in Fedora 9. Now since the spec BuildRequires
libtermcap-devel also I looked to see how I could have possibly built
the rpms on my FC9 system.

Turns out they must have forgotten something:

rpm -q --provides ncurses-devel
libtermcap-devel = 2.0.8-48
ncurses-devel = 5.6.16-20080301.fc9

rpm -q --provides ncurses
ncurses = 5.6.16-20080301.fc9

I will correct for the next release. In the mean time please do as the
other gentleman observed and install with --nodeps assuming you have
ncurses installed.