Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help with an example please

2008-08-01 13:32:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help with an example please
From: John Mc <jmccauley AT dhmh.state.md DOT us>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
I need help with an example set of config files please.
I'm new to BSD and Bacula, but I have managed to setup a BSD box (Vault)
with Bacula and Webmin on it, and I have a Windows server (House) with the
Bacula client installed.  The total storage on the Windows box is 1 Tb, and
there are four 1Tb drives in the Bacula box.  What I wanted to do is pull
version backups (daily, weekly, monthly) to the different drives in the
Bacula box.  The Director, Console and Storage are all going to be on the
Bacula box, and the only Client is the Windows box, and they are both on the
same network.  Everything I have read seems to point to this being a fairly
simple setup, but so far I have not had luck getting it to run, at all.
It's very humbling.
I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out on my own, sometimes not the
right way to get something to work but I can usually figure out a couple
wrong ways to make it work.  I've made changes to the config files, but I'm
not nearly as familiar with BSD and Bacula as I want to be.  If I can
compare someone else's similar set of config's to my own that would at least
help me figure out if there is something I missed in my own configuration.
If I had to guess it's something simple that I have missed completely, or an
Id10t error between the keyboard and the chair.