Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume sequence numbering behavior change

2008-08-01 12:02:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume sequence numbering behavior change
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Kelly, Brian" <Brian.Kelly AT uwsp DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:01:56 -0400
> Can anyone tell me why the numbering sequence would jump like this?

Although I find this annoying, this was a bugfix. I believe the bug
was if a volume was deleted the next sequence number could be an
already existing volume. This will have no effect on your maximum
volumes though since it uses the volume count and not any label
sequence number to determine this.

John