Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disadvantages to having multiple backups on the same tape // umount vs relase

2008-08-01 11:25:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disadvantages to having multiple backups on the same tape // umount vs relase
From: Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 16:25:27 +0100
Keith Sudbury wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT
>> com> wrote:

>>> So a "mt eject" should work after I have done a   'release LTO-3' | bconsole
>>>
>>> And its fine to put in a different tape, so for example release mondays
>>> tape do a mt eject then put in tuesdays tape...
>>>

>> No need to eject. Release will eject the tape but the bacula will
>> automatically mount the next tape instead of requiring the user to
>> issue a mount in bacula. I hope I am not too confusing...
>>

> Cool, I understand now! So i can just add: echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole
>
> To an Admin job and set the priority higher and this will spit out the
> tape, and when a user puts in a new tape and the next job comes around
> bacula will be able to use the tape in the drive.
>
> Keith

Infact, can I just run two RunAfterJobs like this:

 Job {
  Name = "BackupCatalog"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Level = Full
  FileSet="Catalog"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  # This creates an ASCII copy of the catalog
  RunBeforeJob = "/usr/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
  # This deletes the copy of the catalog
  RunAfterJob  = "/usr/libexec/bacula/delete_catalog_backup"
  RunAfterJob  = "echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/spool/bacula/BackupCatalog.bsr"
  Priority = 11                   # run after main backup
}

Then I can just add it to my catalog job which runs after all the other
jobs.

Keith

--
Keith Sudbury