Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Confusing over OpenSuse Packaging

2008-07-31 01:00:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Confusing over OpenSuse Packaging
From: Falk Sauer <falk AT hb-fein DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:49:58 +0200
Hi Mark,

thank you for your answer!

On Donnerstag 31 Juli 2008 05:59:35 wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Falk Sauer <falk AT hb-fein DOT de> wrote:

> > i've been a little bit confused over the packaging on the Buildservice in
> > OpenSuse Repos, in the past i used the packages from SF and there are
> > server packages like *-postgres and *-mysql so far so good, on the OS
> > repo only one server package.
>
> AFAICT there is only one openSUSE bacula package under the
> OpenSUSE:Factory. The others are personal/private/experimental projects.
> I think Phillip Storz project is one of the more complete, and seems
> to employ the current bacula src.rpm script.
> There is some attempt to try and merge OBS packaging efforts, but the
> web based OBS collaboration tools aren't in place yet.
> I'm still trying to get a working package, and will post details here
> when I have something - though it will be incomplete.

i know, a actual package from a private/testing repo is maybe better as a real
old one. ;-) I've read that 2.4.* have many improvements and bugfixes who
addresses librarys with more as one drive(s).

> > My production server runs a OS 10.2 but in SF only 10.3 and 11.0 packages
>
> OK, for openSUSE 10.2 try Philip's project/package.

you mean this repo?
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pstorz/openSUSE_10.2

> I think the 2.4.1 release had an issue in some cases, so you may want
> to wait for the 2.4.2 packages to become available.

thank you for this hint, i've not seen before.

> > A self builded package on this 10.2 is not my preferred solution, OS
> > buildservice is imho the better one.
>
> Again I don't think there is an 'official' SUSE package so you'll just
> be using somone else private project package.

my packages from sf was never a official Suse package. ;-)

> > I think the only possible way should be rpm -e [SF packages] and then rpm
> > -i [OS packages] ... right? Have anybody additional suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure, maybe make sure you backup your config files before
> doing anything.

this is clear, i take a backup from /etc/bacula and from my database to
another disk.

regards
  Falk