Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VXA2 config on Solaris

2008-07-30 14:39:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VXA2 config on Solaris
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:39:43 -0400

Martijn de Munnik wrote:
>> There are some compressed files in the backup sets but also a lot of text
>> files (mail, html, config files etc). I think the c in /dev/rmt/0cbn means
>> compression (hardware compression on the tape) but I'm not sure. So I expect
>> at least 80GB to fit on one tape.

/dev/rmt/0 is the general device,
   c means to use hardware compression,
   n means no-rewind (after each operation),
   b means bsd style behavior (do not advance to next record when
reaching end of current record)
      leaving out the "b" means AT&T style behavior which will auto advance

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center