Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple tape drives

2008-07-29 13:39:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple tape drives
From: Jesse Peterson <jesse.peterson AT exbiblio DOT com>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:38:59 -0700
On Jul 28, 2008, at 7:23 PM, John Drescher wrote:

> I am sorry this is like playing a game of 20 questions but I am
> confused why this is behaving as you say since it does not do this for
> me with either my LTO2 autochanger or my 2 DLT-IV drives or I am
> misunderstanding the behavior you are having.
>
> How are you running these jobs? Through bconsole or some other client?

Apologies for my vagueness. I'll try and add some concrete
configuration detail here.

The restore jobs are run through bconsole. The backup jobs are run
from configured Schedule resources automatically.

Here is an abridged version of my configurations (SD, Dir):
http://pastebin.com/m1f00960a

As far as the symptoms go it basically seems like bacula will not use
the second tape drive (Drive2) for any of the jobs. When I label a
tape or mount a tape it shows with the correct label but says "*pool
unknown*" (or similar) for the pool field upon a "status storage"
command in bconsole.

Any ideas?

Hope that's a little more helpful ;)

Thanks,