Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Multiple tape drives

2008-07-28 15:44:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Multiple tape drives
From: Jesse Peterson <jesse.peterson AT exbiblio DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:44:03 -0700
Hello,

I am wondering why a few behaviors are so in bacula with regard to
multiple tape drives:

1. When I do a restore job the only tape drive I'm able to use to
restore with seems to be the one defined in the job or pool. It seems
intuitive to me to be able to use the tape drive that is not used
since the tape drives are the same and use the same media.

2. When attempting to use a new tape for a job I find a similar
situation is present per above - I try to label a tape in a different
device (again same drives, same media) in the same pool but it will
not use that new media I've created.

--

Is there a reason it is so adamant about tying a single tape drive to
a single pool and trying to use it only? I'd imagine that if a pool

Very likely I just have something misconfigured. This is a director
2.2.7 with SD 2.2.4 and clients varying between 1.38 and 2.2.8.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
- Jesse

P.S. Please reply-all as I subscribe to the digest and may not
immediately see replies. Thank you.