Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How is diff/inc file list is determined?

2008-07-25 14:39:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] How is diff/inc file list is determined?
From: Ed Davison <edavison AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:56:28 -0500
I have a question that I am forwarding from my boss.  There are files
that are backed up daily with a differential or incremental depending on
the schedule.  On Windows, certain files have the archive bit set on
them when they are modified.  When a Group Policy is applied, it changes
the archive bit on a LOT of files that are otherwise not modified except
for something like a security permission, etc.  Even if the permission
is the same it is still applied by Windows and the archive bit is set.

I have already scoured the manuals and cannot find any answer to my
question as well as the online wiki and other resources.

Does bacula use the archive bit to determine what to include in a
differential/incremental or does it correctly use date/time of
modification to determine what to include?

Thanks in advance,
Ed