Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Specify volume in schedule

2008-07-24 16:41:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Specify volume in schedule
From: Kanuvar <neri AT rs.com DOT ar>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:41:07 -0700 (PDT)
newbies cuestion
Hello, I have a server making backups of various machines linux and windows,
and everything stored in a hardrive. Recently wi bought an IBM Ultrium LTO3
to make backups of some recordings of our asterisk server and other tings.
The idea:
Having two tapes, one for full and one for incremental, are approximately
190gb in sound files throughout the year, the idea would be to keep the tape
with the full backup as an historic. In that way, does not have to
manipulate the tapes with the bulk of the recording.
The first condition is that minimally retain the first tape one year.
And never ask me the first tape to make the incrementals
At the end of the year, migrating all incremental to the first tape

How?:
The first thing that occurred to me, is to make a schedule that allows
specify which volumes should I use.
and at year-end a job that migrate recordings of the second tape, to the
first one.

The questions:
How can I specify the volume I want to use within the schedule?
Can I migrate the second tape with all the incrementals backups to the
second tape with the full ?
Are there any other better way?

sorry for mi bad inglish
Saludos