Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Ultrium 480 / Ultrium 448

2008-07-24 13:03:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Ultrium 480 / Ultrium 448
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Klassen Torben (Gem. Leopoldshöhe)" <T.Klassen AT leopoldshoehe DOT de>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:03:40 -0400
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Klassen Torben (Gem. Leopoldshöhe)
<T.Klassen AT leopoldshoehe DOT de> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Thank you for your answer to my question. The tape is not busy. The Streamer
> says it´s ready and Im sure nobody else use it.

I am not sure of the reason for the error then.

> How to change that name  ?? I know how to change it in
> /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf :),

That is all you need to do.

>but how can I tell Debian to give it another name ?

You do not have to do anything on the os level. The st driver is still
used for nst0 devices so you will see st in error messages instead of
nst0 but the device will operate properly ( I mean it will not rewind
after each operation confusing bacula).

John