Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Ultrium 480 / Ultrium 448

2008-07-24 08:44:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Ultrium 480 / Ultrium 448
From: Sauron99 AT gmx DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:44:09 +0200
Hello again!
Im sorry it is a HP Storage Works Ultrium 448 Tape Streamer not 480.

That´s the error I get:

St0: Current: sense key: Hardware Error
     Additional sense: Internet target failure Info fld=0xfc00

So what´s the problem with it ? I don´t think that the TapeStreamer is broken
but how should I test ?

Best regards

Hello,
Im new on this list and as you can imagine I need your help ;).
At the moment Im trying to get Bacula up and running. So I have buyed a new HP
Server and a HP Ultrium 480 TapeStreamer.

Now Im trying to install Bacula on my Debian Etch Server with the Standard .deb
Packages and I don´t get the TapeStreamer running.

See what happens

"root@Maschine:~# btape -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf /dev/st0 Tape block
granularity is 1024 bytes.
btape: butil.c:272 Using device: "/dev/st0" for writing.
btape: btape.c:338 open device "Ultrium480" (/dev/st0): OK *test

=== Write, rewind, and re-read test ===

I'm going to write 1000 records and an EOF then write 1000 records and an EOF,
then rewind, and re-read the data to verify that it is correct.

This is an *essential* feature ...

23-Jul 15:39 btape: btape Error: block.c:538 Write error at 0:1 on device
"Ultrium480" (/dev/st0). ERR=Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler."

Well Im not really sure if my Ultrium480 is /dev/st0 or /dev/nst0, but

dmesg | grep st0
st 0:0:3:0: Attached scsi tape st0
st0: try direct i/o: yes (alignment 512 B)
st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.
st0: MTSETDRVBUFFER only allowed for root.

says so.

Here is my bacula-sd.conf. Hopefully you can help me setting up a new
LinuxService :).

best regards

Torben Klassen

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03