Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] GUI and hardware support

2008-07-22 07:36:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] GUI and hardware support
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez" <roman AT rs-labs DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:35:31 +0300
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is a FAQ but I'm new to Bacula. I've just
> installed Bacula
> 2.4.1 in Windows (yes, I know that the server components
> are not
> supported). Services are starting ok (after creating
> Sqlite db file...).
> But it was a surprise when I ran wx-widgets console and I
> saw it is a text-console :-??? Doesn't it exist a GUI for
> managing Bacula (in Windows)?

There are different hacks like webacula and what not, but IMO baculas own
bconsole the best admin user interface there is. wx-console is the same wrapped
into a graphic windows, but it still is no same.

I use Windows, and Putty there, to access bconsole. I guess there is a DEMAND
for a good GUI, but...

bconsole is the best. All GUI wannabes try to build upon bconsole, but that
approach is doomed.

Did I say it already? I love bconsole ;D