Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] GUI and hardware support

2008-07-22 06:10:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] GUI and hardware support
From: Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez <roman AT rs-labs DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:10:56 +0200
Hello,

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I'm new to Bacula. I've just installed Bacula
2.4.1 in Windows (yes, I know that the server components are not
supported). Services are starting ok (after creating Sqlite db file...).
But it was a surprise when I ran wx-widgets console and I saw it is a
text-console :-??? Doesn't it exist a GUI for managing Bacula (in Windows)?

Another issue (for a newbie): do you know of any good tutorial for setting
up a Bacula backup environment with a Sun Storedge C2 hardware (or similar
hardware)? AFAIK, this hardware contains:
- a changer (detected as "Quantum UHDL 0031")
- a tape (detected as "HP Ultrium 3-SCSI").

Is this hardware supported by Bacula? The server is Windows XP Pro (yes,
the server ;-)), and I can see in Device Management that the two devices
are listed as working ok (without extra drivers installed, only XP OS).

Thank you in advance.
-Roman