Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration from MySQL backend to PostgreSQL backend ?

2008-07-10 10:02:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration from MySQL backend to PostgreSQL backend ?
From: Brice Figureau <brice+bacula AT daysofwonder DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:01:32 +0200
Hi,

My server running bacula (and the mysql database backend) is also
running another application which can only run with PostgreSQL.
Since two database backends are a little bit too much for this hardware,
I'd like to migrate my MySQL catalog to PostgreSQL. The current MySQL
catalog is weighting around 200MB.
Although I know MySQL quite well, I'm a complete newbie on PostgreSQL:
so I'm asking the question here to gather some
advice/tips/pointers/warnings about this operation.

Any comment is welcomed,
Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+bacula AT daysofwonder DOT com>