Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula's bsmtp and gmail

2008-07-09 05:51:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula's bsmtp and gmail
From: "Mark V" <mvyver AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:51:19 +1000
Hi Group,
I'm in the process of trying to set-up bacula.
I'd like to send emails to my gmail account.   Is this possible?
I'm getting :

bsmtp: bsmtp.c:145 Fatal malformed reply from smtp.gmail.com: 530
5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 32sm9805264wfa.8

when I try to use the bsmtp utility, which make me think this might
not be possible or am I doing something silly?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Mark