Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir config help

2008-07-08 05:12:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir config help
From: Adrian Moisey <adrian AT careerjunction.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:11:35 +0200
Hi

Can someone explain what I should be doing in my bacula-dir.conf file.

My end goad is:
Incremental daily for 2 weeks to disk
Full weekly for 2 weeks to disk
and Full backups weekly to tape which will get cycled into montly/yearly.

I have a config for the disk stuff so far, which is what I've got below
(I've removed all the stuff I didn't find relevant for this paste).  Can
someone look over it and let me know if I'm on track?

The way I understand it:
I have a job per server, which calls the "client" and "jobdef"
the "Client" sets the retention period for the files and the info in the
database.

The "Jobdef" is generic to that type of machine, it calls the "FileSet"
and the "Pools" and the "Schedule".

Is this all right?

Job {
   Name = "cptwks26"
   Client = "cptwks26"
   JobDefs = "Linux Server"
}

Client {
   Name = cptwks26
   Address = cptwks26.careerjunction.local
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "12345"          # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 14 days            # 30 days
   Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

JobDefs {
   Name = "Linux Server"
   Type = Backup
   Level = Incremental
   FileSet = "Full Linux Server"
   Schedule = "Standard"
   Storage = File
   Messages = Standard
   Pool = Default
   Full Backup Pool = Full-Pool
   Incremental Backup Pool = Inc-Pool
   Priority = 10
}

Schedule {
   Name = "Standard"
   Run = Full sun at 23:05
   Run = Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
}

Pool {
   Name = Default
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically
recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
}

Pool {
   Name = Full-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 2 weeks
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
   Label Format = Full-
}

Pool {
   Name = Inc-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 7 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 7
   Label Format = Inc-
}

FileSet {
   Name = "Full Linux Server"
   Include {
     Options {
       signature = MD5
     }
     File = /
     File = /boot
   }

   Exclude {
     File = /proc
     File = /tmp
     File = /sys
     }
}

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.