Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] problem with windows client - Could not state...

2008-07-06 14:15:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] problem with windows client - Could not state...
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: Grzegorz Marszałek <graf0 AT post DOT pl>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 20:17:31 +0200
Grzegorz Marszałek wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've got problem with bacula windows client (2.2.8). On one computer,
> each time I try tu run backup, I get:
>
> Could not stat d:/archiwum: ERR=No<9C>nik jest chroniony przed zapisem.
>
> Translation from polish: ERR=Media (?) is write protected.
>
> Problem is, that media is harddisk d:, which I can delete or move
> using explorer with no problem :( Where the problem could be?
>
> Bye
> ---
> Grzegorz Marszałek
> graf0 AT post DOT pl

Some questions :
Is bacula running with the local system account ?
Is local system account listed under the security tabs with a minimum right to
read and list files and directory ?
I've seen many times : people under windows reseting rights under directory (
removing all rights, add just their account)
and after some wrong delete crying when the admin say : oh sorry the backup
system couldn't access your files :-)

Hope this is some kind of simple trouble.

Another point could be : is this a mount point ? ( mount a partition into a
directory )
there's some trouble with them after the 2.2.7 releases.

--

     Bruno Friedmann