Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Question about file permissions after restore.

2008-07-03 12:12:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Question about file permissions after restore.
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

I restored /home/user/bin directory to /home/user/restored directory.
When I looked at /home/user/restored directory I expected to see just bin
directory (/home/user/restored/bin/*), this is what Veritas Netbackup does, but
I see /home/user/restored/home/user/bin/*. The bad part is that
/home/user/restored/home is owned by root because /home is owned by root.
Because of that user cannot delete
/home/user/restored/home directory after the files are moved.

I think, that if the files are not restored to the original directory then
bacula should not create parent directories.

Should this be a feature to be added? Maybe another option to restore command?

Thanks.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com