Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula and PostgreSQL support

2008-07-03 11:33:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula and PostgreSQL support
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:35:03 +0200
Yuri Timofeev wrote:
> Hi
>

> Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
>
>     What you mean with "Bacula some incomprehensible confusion with the
>>     naming of tables and fields in various registers in the DBMS MySQL and
>>     PostgreSQL"? I don't understand the problem.
>>

> I explain. See:
>
> src/cats/make_mysql_tables.in
>   CREATE TABLE Filename
>

> src/cats/make_postgresql_tables.in
>   CREATE TABLE filename
>
> That's why I can not write code that would work with mysql and postgresql.
> filename != Filename
>
> Example:
>
> this code
>   $select->from('Filename', ...
> will work with mysql
> and receive an error message php PDO, if the DBMS will be postgresql.

Ok this seem to be a bug ... and certainly should be reported to bugs.bacula.org
And would be nice to have it for 2.4.1

Having a consistent db sql all around db engine is a minimum.
We can imagine what type of trouble a customer could encounter if they move
from mysql to postgresql or vice versa.

After that mysql by default on myisam table doesn't care about sensitive case.

Let me a message on the mailing liste if you need my help to help about that.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland