Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Release Autochanger After Job

2008-06-30 11:35:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Release Autochanger After Job
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:34:49 -0500
Allan Black wrote:
> I would like to have the tape ejected (and replaced in its slot)
> at the end of each backup. One way of doing this, I think, would
> be to issue the command "release <autochanger>" to bconsole in
> an AfterJob. Does anyone know of a way to do it using the Bacula
> configuration, e.g. with a combination of UseVolumeOnce,
> AlwaysOpen=no, etc.?

Another option would be to tell bacula to run a script after the backup
and put an mtx unload in there. Then when bacula needs the tape it'll
put it back in the drive.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital signature.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor
depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from
the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39