Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] tapes marked as full

2008-06-24 10:13:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] tapes marked as full
From: James Bowes <james.bowes AT shaw DOT ca>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:12:44 -0700
Hi.

I'm still working on configuration items with Bacula. I have an older DLT8000 tape drive with 40/80 tapes. The grand total of all the servers to be backed up is less than 40 GB. Somehow Bacula is not configured correctly. I have compression set in the clients as gzip too.

My drive has a total of 7 tapes so after 2 days of backups the only problem I can see is that Bacula is noting an EOF on each and essentially marking that tape full.

I'm not able to get on the Bacula server at the moment. Any ideas as to what I need to change in my config?

--james