Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Adding Windows to the mix

2008-06-22 01:14:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Adding Windows to the mix
From: David Browning <dbtrade AT optonline DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:43:41 -0400
Update - a simple Windows reboot cleared everything up - sorry to take the
bandwidth unnecessarily.

***************
I have Bacula successfully running and backing up on my Linux server, and am
wrestling with adding Windows XP SP3 machines to the mix.

I have it working to the point where the console on the Linux machine can
perform a correct estimate and file list of the files to be backed up from
the windows machine. However, calling for the actual backup causes a hang.
Restarting the console (in this particular instance - bat). Bat shows a
fatal error. but no details are available.

One time I got a message that the windows-fd was timing out talking to the
linux-sd (where I'm trying to save the backups)

One other thing, not sure if it is related, but trying to use the "Enable
VSS = yes" switch in the File Set specification results in a "Keyword
EnableVSS not permitted in this resource" error. I am writing that switch in
the File Set Options area on the line prior to 'signature = MD5' line.

Thanks so much for helping me to figure this out.

db