Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Reuse a volume while waiting for an appendable volume?

2008-06-21 17:49:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] Reuse a volume while waiting for an appendable volume?
From: Kendall Shaw <kshaw AT kendallshaw DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:26:46 -0700
I think I figured my volume retention incorrectly. Now, it's waiting for
an appendable volume. Can I cause bacula to recycle one of my volumes
and use it?

I set a volume retention of 7 days, when I think it should have been 5
days and 23 hours or something like that:

Schedule {
  Name = asdf-daily
  Run = Differential sun at 22:00
  Run = Incremental mon-sat at 22:00
}

Pool {
  Name = asdf-pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = asdf-archive
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 7 days
  Use Volume Once = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 7
  LabelFormat = Vol
}

Storage {
  Name = asdf-archive
  Address = ...
  SDPort = ...
  Password = ...
  Device = asdf-storage
  Media Type = File
}

Device {
  Name = asdf-storage
  Archive Device = /usr/local/archive/asdf
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = Yes
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = no
  Requires Mount = no
  AlwaysOpen = no
}

Incidentally, after the first time a job ran, I issued the command
update volume=Vol0001 recycle=no, so that a full backup is in Vol0001,
from which future differential backups will be made. The idea being, I
want bacula to cycle through 6 of the 7 volumes

Now, I want it to use Vol0002, but it's waiting for an appendable
volume.

I changed the volume retention to 5 days 23 hours, for Vol0002 - Vol007,
using the update command, but it's still waiting. What can I do?

Kendall