Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots, without label

2008-06-21 21:19:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots, without label
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:53:39 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Bob Hetzel wrote:

> I can't find good documentation on this.  Can you clarify the procedure
> you follow to avoid using the label command?

If a Volume exists in the catalog, AND the tape loaded in the autochanger
is _blank_ (generates an I/O error when Bacula attempts to read the label)
AND there is no record of the Volume ever haveing been written to, THEN
Bacula will automatically label the media

It's a very useful piece of coding which saves a LOT of time and effort
when adding fresh media to pools.

AB