Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots without label

2008-06-19 23:23:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots without label
From: Shane <squindler AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:53:00 +0930
Hi,

I'm trying to find a non disruptive (to the tape drive) way to go from

Currently the best (only?) way we've found to do this is through bconsole:

update slots
label barcodes slots=X,Y

(where X,Y are the slots we want to load tapes) The label process
makes things really simple for adding tapes to valid pools - the
annoying part is that this process requires the autochanged to load
and label the tape - I'd really like to be able to do everything else
in this process without that one step.

TIA,
Shane