Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots without label

2008-06-20 06:29:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots without label
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Shane <squindler AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:29:03 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Shane wrote:

> I'm trying to find a non disruptive (to the tape drive) way to go from

"add" is the command you're looking for.

Make sure you give the same names as the barcodes.

(I make my own barcodes on a Brother P-touch laminated label printer, it
works far better than preprinted sheets ever did - Dymo and Epson make
similar devices and there are a few other similar labellers around..)

Assuming the tapes are blank (as in never formatted), Bacula will
automagically label them to match the barcodes as it loads them for the
first time.

Add is _far_ less clunky than label barcodes for day to day operations.

AB