Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula: restart, stop and start doesn't work

2008-06-18 10:26:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula: restart, stop and start doesn't work
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:25:40 +0200
Reynier Perez Mira schrieb:
No you do not. And you do not even need to restart bacula. Open a
console window and type

reload

You mean this,
root@DTServer:~# /etc/init.d/bacula reload
Usage: /etc/init.d/bacula {start|stop|restart|status}

Or something else?

The Bacula console has a reload command which tells the director to
re-read its configuration without having to kill it:

ts@vm-backup:~> bconsole
Connecting to Director vm-backup:9101
1000 OK: vm-backup-dir Version: 2.2.8 (26 January 2008)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*reload
*quit
ts@vm-backup:~>

Michael Short schrieb:
I found the director to be especially stubborn when attempting to
restart the daemon with running jobs. Whenever this happens I just run
"killall bacula-dir" and "/etc/init.d/bacula-dir restart".

You shouldn't need do that. The bconsole "reload" command above is
usually enough, and doesn't kill your running jobs.

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt