Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Rescue CD

2008-06-05 04:38:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Rescue CD
From: "Daniel Haas" <rabbit1601 AT gmx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:38:17 +0200
Hi all,

I working with Bacula to do my daily backup.
Now I want to integrate the Disaster Recovery into my configuration.

I tested it with a Debian Etch (virtuell machine) and an old Ubuntu 6.10. But I
got errors on both maschines after I booted the Rescue CD.

On the Debian Etch I got problems with the CDROM and the NIC:
Trying to find CDROM on ...
Sorry could not find the CDROM
Finding network module
Sorry no ethernet card module found
Boot complete

The Ubuntu 6.10 hang during the boot process:
Creating /dev
I took a look into the script. I saw that the next step is to start the init
command.
Is there the problem?

Have anyone an idea to solve this problems?
I am working with bacula-2.2.4

Thanks
Daniel