Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting volumes

2008-06-03 02:44:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting volumes
From: Markus Falb <markus.falb AT fasel DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 06:44:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:09:07 +0200, Timo Neuvonen wrote:

>> I need to create a new pool with another retention but I don´t have
>> enough space to create new volumes in this new pool. So I have to
>> delete some volumes from the old pool (DiskPool) and create new ones in
>> the new pool, right?
>
> "Another retention"... Is your problem that your current volumes have
> incorrect retention time? In this case, have you considered just
> updating the retention times in the catalog. It won't be much easier
> that the way you were about to do it, but it would allow you to keep
> everything you have by now, until you really need to recycle a volume.

Good Point.

I would use the "update volume" command. Two Steps. First, a
11: Pool

for every single volume to be moved to the new pool (scripted),
and after that a single (well, this one manually)

13: All Volumes from Pool

to match the volume parameters like retention time to the new pool
definition.

markus