Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Lost label?

2008-06-02 23:23:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Lost label?
From: David Hobley <david.hobley AT mionegroup DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:16:40 +1000 (EST)
Hello,

I have just installed bacula (2.2.8) across our network - excellent product btw. It has been running without issue for a week or so, but last night, I started getting the following error:

02-Jun 23:53 backup-sd JobId 66: Marking Volume "ProdBackup" in Error in Catalog.
02-Jun 23:53 backup-sd JobId 66: Job DB1Job.2008-06-02_23.05.07 waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "ProdStorage" (/opt/bacula/prod)
    Pool:         Prod
    Media type:   File

Nothing had changed in the config files except for a new client being added (a test machine - purely so I could restore a backup from our prod database machine (db2).

If I run the label command, I can't use the existing label because it tells me it already exists. I am backing up to disk currently, not tape and there is plenty of disk space available. The files all exists and are accessible. I am confused.

How do I convince the system that actually the label hasn't changed and that is should continue doing what it has been for the last week?

--
Cheers,
David