Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disk backup volume recycling/autopruning problems

2008-06-02 11:01:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disk backup volume recycling/autopruning problems
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik AT iki DOT fi>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:01:27 +0300
On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:55:48AM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> > Ok, so recycling won't happen because volumes are not marked as Purged..
> >
> > But how to get them Purged? Shouldn't that happen automatically.. I'm
> > missing something from the configuration, but can't figure out what..
> >
> It should and does for me. From what you have posted I am not sure why
> it is failing. You are running more than one job to fill up the
> volumes correct?

Hmm.. there's only one job per volume..

Pool {
  Name = Pool1
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Use Volume Once = yes
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 256M
  Volume Retention = 1 min
  Maximum Volumes = 8
  Label Format = "Pool1-Vol-"
  Storage = FileStorage1
}

My original idea was to put just a single job per volume and (later) change
the label format to be something like "server-level-date" to be able to
easily check what's happening and what's taking hdd space also from the
shell just by using normal filesystem utilities..

Is there anything else that affects pruning than VolStatus and VolRetention
fields?

What should happen if I run "prune" from bconsole?

*prune
Enter MediaId or Volume name: 1
The current Volume retention period is: 1 min
Continue? (yes/mod/no): yes
*

Nothing happened.. VolStatus is still "Full".

-- Pasi