Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Trouble with job priority and job concurrency

2008-04-28 06:09:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Trouble with job priority and job concurrency
From: <S.Lehmann8 AT DeutschePost DOT de>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:09:03 +0200
Hi,

The priority setting in job is working strange.

I have two jobs, both with priority 10, different machines. I am running
both jobs manually or per scheduler and they run concurrently. OK, what
i assume. Fine.

Now, one job gets an lower priority, for example 9. I would assume,
though the jobs have a different priority, both jobs were running
concurrently, because of the Max concurrent jobs settings, but they
didn't.

I run the job with prio 9, then the job with prio 10. The second job
will wait running until the lower prioitised job is finnished.

Running Jobs:
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
  1005 Increme  Job1_Prio10             is running
  1006 Full    Job2_Prio10              is running
====

Example with different prio:

Running Jobs:
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
  1007 Increme  Job1_Prio9       is running
  1009 Full    Job2_Prio10      is waiting for higher priority jobs to
finish
====

Why did the jobs not run concurrently when the priority is different?

Any ideas?

Sebastian Lehmann