Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Feature Request

2008-04-28 05:44:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Feature Request
From: Tobias Barth <tobias.barth AT web-arts DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:43:36 +0200
Hi,

after nearly 3 years of writing nothing here, I am back - with a feature request :)
I recently upgraded from bacula 1.36 to 2.2.8 in order to use the job spooling feature. The feature is working, but bacula always waits for appendable media before it starts spooling. So, after the operator has inserted the media, again 2 or more hours are spent for spooling before the tape starts writing. I think it would be nice if the spooling would immediately start when the job is submitted by the user or the scheduler. And here comes the formal feature request:

Item 1:   Start spooling even when waiting on tape
  Origin: Tobias Barth <tobias.barth AT web-arts DOT com>