Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble with job priority and job concurrency

2008-04-28 06:16:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble with job priority and job concurrency
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:15:31 +0200
S.Lehmann8 AT DeutschePost DOT de schrieb:
> [...]
> Now, one job gets an lower priority, for example 9. I would assume,
> though the jobs have a different priority, both jobs were running
> concurrently, because of the Max concurrent jobs settings, but they
> didn't.
>
> I run the job with prio 9, then the job with prio 10. The second job
> will wait running until the lower prioitised job is finnished.
>
> Running Jobs:
>  JobId Level   Name                       Status
>   1005 Increme  Job1_Prio10           is running
>   1006 Full    Job2_Prio10            is running
> ====
>
> Example with different prio:
>
> Running Jobs:
>  JobId Level   Name                       Status
>   1007 Increme  Job1_Prio9     is running
>   1009 Full    Job2_Prio10    is waiting for higher priority jobs to
> finish
> ====
>
> Why did the jobs not run concurrently when the priority is different?
>
> Any ideas?

PDF manual page 139

[...]
* Bacula concurrently runs jobs of only one priority at a time. It
will not simultaneously run a priority 1 and a priority 2 job.

* If Bacula is running a priority 2 job and a new priority 1 job is
scheduled, it will wait until the running priority 2 job terminates
even if the Maximum Concurrent Jobs settings would otherwise
allow two jobs to run simultaneously.
[...]

Ralf