Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore: file selection not possible

2008-04-23 16:30:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore: file selection not possible
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:29:51 +0200
Hi,

23.04.2008 18:36, gunnar_thielebein AT gmx DOT net wrote:
> Hi Anderson,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> I checked all configs for retention times, the config is also seen in my
> first
> post.
>
> The fact is that in all other jobs we have running with that configuration
> the
> restore of the selected files works.
> I now did a test with another fileset (home of special user) and in fact for
> one user it was possible to restore files for the other it was not possible.
> The first user has a small amount of files to backup the second user has a
> very huge filelist.

Well, that does get us closer to a possible reason...

> When i have look in the database when the huge filelist is backuped there is
> no data written.
>
> I am using packages 2.2.8-4 backported from sid to feisty with postgresql-2.8.
> Could this be database related?

It might be that batch inserts don't work as they should. As far as I
know, batch inserts are only used with larger jobs.

I'd recommend to ensure your Bacula is compiled *without* batch
inserts. If it uses batch inserts, there might be possible reasons for
those failing. Most importantly you need the thread-safe database
libraries.

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann